5 MOUTH-WATERING RECIPES TO QUENCH THE SUMMER
Fruits are naturally sweet and using them to make dessert imparts their refreshing flavors and adds mild sweetness to the dessert. And you know the best part! You can enjoy them without any guilt which makes fruit dessert a hit for everyone.
Here are 5 Fruit dessert recipes that would help you better survive this summer:
- Watermelon Lychee Granita
Relish this marvelous creation of watermelon and lychee to brighten your day in this torturing summer. The refreshing flavors with amazing aroma would serve as a perfect solution to beat the heat.
Ingredients to make Watermelon Lychee Granita
- Water melon 1 .5 cups cubed
- Lychee 7 to 8
- Sugar 1/2 cup
- Mint leaves 10
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp.
- Ginger 1 tsp. grated
How to make Watermelon Lychee Granita
- Pit the Lychee and discard the seed.
- In a blender, combine mint leaves, ginger and sugar and pulse once to release the flavors.
- Now, add 1/2 of the watermelon, lemon juice and lychee and blend to a smooth puree.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Blend the remaining watermelon to a smooth puree and combine this with previous mixture.
- Mix well.
- Pour this mixture into a freezer safe sturdy container
- Freeze till set. This takes anywhere between 2 hours to 4 hours depending upon your refrigerator.
- Once frozen, use a fork and start raking the mixture from the sides first. Proceed to the center eventually.
- Once you have raked up the entire mass, shove it back into the freezer.
- After 2 hours, remove and repeat the raking process.
- Freeze till it’s ready to serve.
Jamun Mint Popsicles
Homemade fruit popsicles are free of any artificial flavor and essence. Really quick and easy to make this which would help you keep cool. One can always customize on which fruit to choose and enjoy these popsicles.
Ingredients Of Jamun Mint Popsicles
- 500 gm Jamun, deseeded
- A few sprigs of mint
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tsp. sugar (optional)
How to Make Jamun Mint Popsicles
- Blend the Jamun in a mixer
- Add lemon juice and sugar
- Add mint leaves
- Strain into popsicle moulds and place a stick
- Keep them for 3 hours in the freezer.
- Demould it and serve.(You can also add chaat masala or black salt to make it yummier)
Grilled Banana S'mores
Whether you're 5 or 50, there's something about the graham cracker, melty chocolate and oozy marshmallow combo that can't be beat. This year, add some banana slices to make it just a little sweeter.
Ingredients for Grilled Banana S'mores
- Medium ripe bananas
- Brown sugar
- Large marshmallows
- Peanut butter or chocolate spread
- Graham cracker squares
How to make Grilled Banana S'mores
- Heat a grill to medium (350 degrees F).
- Leave bananas in their skins and make 1 slit down the length of each banana and pack the slits with brown sugar.
- Put the banana(s) on the grill and grill until soft and charred, about 5 minutes.
- Remove them to a cutting board and set aside to cool slightly. Peel the skins from the bananas and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices. Meanwhile, put the marshmallows on skewers and toast over the grill until brown and melty, about 2 minutes. You can also brown the marshmallows using a hand-held torch.
- To assemble, spread some peanut butter on graham crackers and top with bananas and marshmallows. Cover with another cracker and serve. Enjoy!
This is one of the dessert for which you wouldn’t have to go to the market. Sweet but not so frozen dessert. Quick and Easy to make.
Ingredients for Coconut Punch
- Fresh Coconut Water
- Coconut Malai (Cream)
- Blend all the ingredients together and refrigerate for half an hour. Sprinkle some coconut grated slices and serve this healthy yet yummy refreshment that would actually give you a punch of energy.
Mango Cheese Cake
Sick of this scorching heat and feeling lazy. We have a really delicious solution for you where you do not even have to cook!!It’s hard to believe, Right?!
Ingredients for Mango Chesse cake
- 8 ounce (approx. 226.7 grams)
- 3/4 cup cream
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup mango puree
- 1 tsp. Of Gelatin
- 1/4 hot water
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups graham crackers crumbs
How to make mango cheese cake
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Press into bottom of 8" pan.
- Mix cream cheese, cream, and sugar.
- Add gelatin to hot water until completely dissolved. Add mango puree.
- Add half of this mixture to the cream cheese mix. Pour this on top of graham cracker crust.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Pour remaining mango mix on top of chilled cheesecake.
- Refrigerate overnight.
So say HELLO SUMMER with a blooming smile and enjoy these mouth-watering dishes with your loved ones.