There goes the thanda thanda cool cool wind and here comes garam garam blazing heat!
Oh! This scorching heat, it's getting too harsh, it’s too hot..these are the words our ears get to hear these days
Summers are getting harder as temperature keeps swelling more and more. In this sweltering heat it is of utmost importance to stay hydrated not just to quench your thirst but to go through the day smoothly. Dehydration can lead to dry mouth, dry skin, headaches, dizziness, nausea, unconsciousness and worst.
Don’t sweat, here are some tips to stay hydrated:
- Goes without saying- drink lots of water. Drink a glass of water first thing when you wake up in the morning and always carry a bottle or a sipper along wherever you go.
- Buttermilk at your rescue- a glass or two of cold buttermilk gives you refreshing feeling and more energy.
- You can also eat water (not literally!)- eating fruits such as watermelon, water apples, strawberries, oranges, broccoli, tomatoes, celery, cucumber which has rich content of water keeps you effectively hydrated.
- Not a water fan? - Try lemonade it keeps you refreshed! Also, you can try variety of fruit juices such as watermelon juice, orange juice, berry juices.
- Our nature’s own hydrating drink- Coconut water, not only keeps us hydrated but also gives us minerals and vitamins.
- Sugarcane Juice is loaded with electrolytes and glucose which boosts energy that makes it your perfect summer go-to drink.
- Sipping Smoothies- Smoothies are our favorite combination of yogurt and fresh fruits which makes them yummy and nutritious at the same time.
- Herbal teas can be a great help in the scenes of dehydration. They are natural and have no caffeine. Some example of herbal teas are chamomile tea and hibiscus tea.
- Good at cooking? You must try and make some homemade popsicles which are tasty and yummy too.
- Superfood Chia (flax) seeds- Pre-hydrated chia seeds retain water and serves the purpose when eaten. They are highly recommended as a one-stop ingredient to fight the summers.
- Drinking water before you eat benefits you in two ways-
1. keeps you hydrated 2. makes you eat less.
- Most importantly avoid Colas and carbonated drinks, coffees and green tea.
- So, this summer's drink more water, you’ll feel great. Also, your hair, your mind, your body, and your skin will thank you.